Follow these guidelines to preserve your safety, the safety of other members and most importantly the safety of all our four-legged buddies.
- The well-being of any animals you are trusted to spend time with is your responsibility. So make sure you do all you can to keep four-legged buddies happy and healthy in your care.
- At MPB we take the safety of all our members (both two and four-legged) very seriously but know that we can’t be there to monitor meet-ups personally. Please use your own judgment to ensure that you and any animals in your care are safe. If you don’t feel comfortable with a potential buddy that’s okay—you can simply (and politely!) end the relationship and sniff out more potential buddies to connect with.
- Remember to report any information you have about a member or interaction that doesn’t appear safe or within the guidelines of the MPB Community Rules & Plegde. Please refer to our liability clause in our T&Cs.
- When you sign up for MPB you need to fill out all the necessary information about yourself (and your pets if you’re signing up as a pet owner), such as real name, address, email address and mobile phone number. This ensures you comply with the verification process and are eligible for full access to the benefits of the MPB community.
- You will also need to answer a list of questions in your Pawfile to ensure that other users will have the accurate information they need to reach out to and begin forming a trusting relationship with you. After all, you want to make a first good impression!
- You’re responsible for choosing which MPB members to connect with. To help guide you in the process you will be able to view other members’ full Pawfiles to help you choose who you’d make the best connections with. We also always recommend virtually chatting via built-in chat system to get to know other members first before deciding on any kind of in-person meet-up. We have these pawcautions in place to help you reserve in-person interactions for only members you feel you know well enough and have begun to trust.
- Remember that you’re not limited to a certain number of connections on MPB. That means if you reach out to someone but don’t feel a valuable relationship will form that it’s totally up to you to decide to keep the connection going or not. Not everyone is going to click after chatting—that’s totally normal!
- Before requesting to spend time with any animals please take the time to chat with their owner and learn as much as you can about their four-legged buddy before agreeing to take responsibility for their care. You’re responsible for knowing your limits in terms of pet care (for example, you may only be comfortable with cats and small dogs with lower energy).
- If something does happen to another member’s pet when they’re in your care remember to report it to the owner immediately and get proper care as soon as possible, whether that means returning the pet to the owner or bringing it straight to a veterinary clinic.
- If you have any questions regarding your safety or the safety of a four-legged buddy in your care please re-read our documents or contact your MPB Team if you need further clarification or guidance.
- The goal of MPB is to have fun and form meaningful relationships with both people and pets. Always keep that goal in mind to get the most out of your MPB experience.