With restriction being lifted and holiday season fast approaching, you are probably already planning to leave your furry ones soon. If your pet is staying at home, a lovely buddy or a pet parent may be able to provide the care your furry ones needs while you are away.
We have such a clawsome community of buddies and pet parents who offer a helping hand just for the love of 4-legged friend. Whether you’re going away for a day, a weekend or longer each one of our premium members has been verified and covered by our safety features, so you can have peace of mind that your furry one is being well cared for and your pet is living their best life!
Dogs and cats are such special members of the family, so we’ve pulled together some helpful tips and advice to finding holiday care for your pet through MyPetBuddy. Here’s everything you need to know:
Our tips for finding a buddy or a pet parent for holiday care
- Search before you subscribe – we allow all members to sign up for free to take a look at the suitable matches in your area before they subscribe to our premium membership. We often recommend increasing your search radius to find a possible match.
- Start contacting premium members as early as possible – finding the right match can take some time, from messaging to regular meets, the earlier you start your search, the better.
- Tailor your messages – as premium members are volunteering their time they might not be able to offer holiday cover, especially at short notice. Try asking them more about their availability before mentioning specific dates as this can be quite overwhelming for them.
- Ask more than one premium member- send as many messages to suitable members as possible, the more members you contact the more likely you are to find a match. Also, you may not find one member to cover all your dates, so why not try finding 2 or 3 members if possible, to help. Remember that our community is still growing.
- Get to know each other really well – it might go without saying, but we always recommend getting to know members really well before they spend time your furry ones on their own.
- House visits – whether members are coming to your home or your furry one is staying with them, we recommend home visits too.
- Go for walks first (for dogs) – we find that the best holiday care is given by members that have spent time getting to know a pet first. This is often in the form of regular or ad hoc walks or even shorter stays before a pet parent goes away, we want everyone to be comfortable.
- Say thanks – As member can’t accept payment, why not say thanks with a box of chocolates or a thank you note?
Meet some of our premium members
P.s. check out our recent blog Why pet-sitting is better for your pet than boarding? and Pet buddies: Keeping pets happy at home