To be able to enjoy your holiday and knowing that your furry ones are in safe hands in your home or at your buddy’s is something that MyPetBuddy can offer you. Our platform is here to give pet parents like you an alternative solution to leaving your pet in a stressful environment like boarding and an opportunity for individuals to experience being a part time pet parent.
To offer you that peace of mind, we have an amazing community of pet parents and pet buddies who are here to offer a helping hand to members just for the love of pets. If you have a holiday planned and your furry ones have to stay at home, a lovely MyPetBuddy member may be able to provide the care your pet needs while you’re away.
Whether you’re going away for a day, a weekend or longer each one of our premium members has been verified, so you can have peace of mind that your furry one is being well cared for.
Dogs and cats are such special members of the family, so we’ve pulled together some helpful tips and advice to find holiday care for your furry ones through MyPetBuddy. Here’s everything you need to know:
Our tips for finding a pet parent or a pet buddy for holiday care a.k.a home-boarding
- Search before you go premium – we allow all members to sign up for free to take a look at the suitable matches in your area before they upgrade.
- Start contacting members as early as possible – finding the right match can take some time, from messaging to regular meets, the earlier you start your search, the better.
- Tailor your messages – as members are volunteering their time, they might not be able to offer holiday cover, especially at short notice. Try asking them more about their availability before mentioning specific dates as this can be quite overwhelming for them.
- Ask more than one member – send as many messages to suitable members as possible, the more members you contact the more likely you are to find a match. Also, you may not find one member to cover all your dates, so why not try finding 2 or 3 members to help. Remember that as a pet parent on MyPetBuddy you can contact both another pet parent and a buddy to help you out.
- Get to know each other really well – it might go without saying, but we always recommend getting to know members really well before they spend time with your dog or cat on their own. Like every other relationship, you must invest time.
- House visits – whether members are coming to your home or your pet is staying with them, we recommend home visits too. We also recommend that you exchange emergency numbers, IDs etc as an extra layer of safety.
- Go for walks first – we find that the best holiday care is given by members that have spent time getting to know a dog first. This is often in the form of regular or ad hoc walks or even shorter stays before a pet parent goes away. For cat owners, we recommend doing more home visits and getting acquainted with the cat, we want everyone to be comfortable
- Say thanks – As members can’t accept payment (as this violates our policy) why not say thanks with a card or a box of chocolates?
What our members have to say
Our pet parent members often share that MyPetBuddy is a more affordable option than traditional kennels and pet sitter, especially as our annual membership helps to cover subscribed owners and buddies when taking care of a premium MyPetBuddy furry one.
We hope you find a lovely member to help you soon. If you’re ever struggling to find the right match please do not hesitate to contact us.